Safeguard your business
Learn about best practices and technologies
Meet new people and network
Protect your data
Learn how to protect your information and assets
A Public and Private Sector partnership aimed at increasing the resilience of businesses in the Tees Valley to common cyber-attacks, helping to reduce the likelihood of business becoming victims of these attacks
The Cyber Security & Information Protection Cluster for the Tees Valley and wider region has been formed to support its membership by communicating national and international cyber security and information protection initiatives.
The cluster provides a networking platform to share ideas and best security practice within the region and encourages collaboration and the identification of partnership opportunities, to enable SME’s in the region to find new ways to grow and be secure in this ever evolving digital age.
The cluster holds monthly networking and knowledge sharing events which are free to attend.
To identify, consider, recommend and provide solutions to mitigate data breaches, cyber related threat, harm and risk to businesses and their people within the Tees Valley region.
The CSIPC through its membership will seek to:
- Raise awareness and best practice in the Tees Valley region.
- Share best practice and knowledge with SMEs working within the cyber security sector, academia and the police.
- Attract commercial resources and investment into the region.
- Help to safeguard local businesses and local communities against cyber threat, harm and risk.
- Provide independent advice which does not align to any specific product or service and is offered without commercial gain.
- Encourage relevant speakers and products to be presented at the steering and professional tier membership level only.
- Assist in the identification of future threat, harm and risk to the region.
- Encourage partnership working to make businesses more resilient online, helping to prevent businesses in the Tees Valley and wider North East becoming victims of cyber crime.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration between key partners and stakeholders.
- Support for education and development in cyber security across the Tees Valley.
November 27th 2018 meeting:
The next meeting is to be held at Communicate Plc from 08:30 until 10:30. The Committee will not unfairly endorse or promote the products, service or its individuals of the steering committee’s representatives businesses. The CSIPC is for the benefit of all members to provide equal opportunities which will not endorse any individuals, companies or their products.